July 22, 2010

Pimento Cheeese

Pimento cheese is one of those things I have always purchased, but never made, so I thought I would give it a try.  How hard can it be??


Pimento Cheese
1 lb. White cheddar cheese (I had some Vermont cheddar left from my trip to Burlington)
1 lb. Orange/yellow cheddar cheese
7 oz. Jar of Pimentos
1/2 c. Cream Cheese
3/4 c. Mayonnaise
1 Jalapeno, seeded and diced
1 t. Cayenne Pepper

I used blocks of cheese, so I had to shred my cheese first.  I figure the better the cheesey base, the better the final product.  Sure.  Drain the pimentos from the oil and chop them up into small pieces and add to the bowl of shredded cheese.  Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, diced jalapeno, and cayenne if you want some extra heat.  Mix together well.  And I do think this is better after it sits for a bit, I think the pimento flavor spreads throughout the mix.  And disclaimer - I made this last week and I am pretty sure those are the measurements I used.  Just a warning.

The other night, Stud and I had grilled pimento cheese sandwiches with tomato and bacon - delicious.



OH and I made some Benedictine in the food processor so it was smooth - much less work and I love the smooth texture.  All you had to do was peel and seed the cucumbers and cut them in half and add to the food processor along with the onion that had been quartered.  The food processor does the rest of the work!  AND apparently dill is supposed to be in Benedictine, but Haudge failed to mention that to me when sharing his recipe.  So add some dill and never listen to blond prepsters named Haudge.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails