January 28, 2011

Pomodoro Arribata!

I am sure this pasta sauce exists with some real name somewhere in the world.  But I wanted to make a creamy tomato sauce that was spicy.  Enter Pomodoro Arribata!  I think that means tomato and spicy.  Just go with it please.  I got the base idea from the Pioneer Woman (she calls them orange sauces) and doctored it up with some major pepper flakes to suit Stud and me.  The resulting sauce is an amazing combination...the heavy cream off sets the pepper flakes perfectly so you just get a subtle burn.


Pasta with Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce
1 medium onion
5 cloves of garlic
2 15oz. cans of Hunt's Tomato sauce (the plain kind)
1 c. heavy cream
1-2 t. sugar
Pepper Flakes
Salt
Pepper
Parmersean Cheese
Fresh Basil
1 1/2 lb. pasta

Dice up the onions and garlic and saute in a large nonstick skillet until the onions are translucent.  Add in the tomato sauce and then pepper flakes (we used about 1 T), salt, pepper, and sugar to taste.  Let the sauce simmer for about 20 minutes until it has reduced so it's nice and thick.  Remove from the heat and add in the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and basil.  Toss with the cooked pasta  over low heat (I learned a new term from my mom - this is called marrying the sauce and the pasta) and serve.

Stud and I inhaled this.  And since it makes so much we had TONS leftover and fought over the leftovers.  I might have actually hidden some in the back of the fridge to save for my lunch.  And we have actually made it again since and served it with gnocchi, also a delicious choice.  Basically delicious on anything.  I have a major problem.  I could eat pasta with varying sauces for dinner every single night.  I must find more options.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails