January 27, 2011

Curry Chicken Salad

I love food, we have established that. So what really irks me about my evening MBA program is that there is no time for dinner.  It's really a tragedy.  And it's not like I can bring anything because they do not trust the MBA students with a microwave.  There is one.  But they basically have a guard to make sure we don't enter the kitchen and stick to the snacks provided.  I can only eat so much Chex Mix for dinner.  Since I now at least have time to eat a ridiculously early dinner, I have been trying to make things that are quick and I can even take in the car with me if I'm in a rush.  My latest quick dinner creation was a big batch of curry chicken salad with leftover chicken.  It made for an excellent meal last night on my way to class.

Curry Chicken Salad
4 chicken thighs
1/4 c. light mayonnaise
1/4 c. chopped cashews
2 T. curry powder
1/2 t. tumeric
Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
1/4 c. chutney
Salt
Green Onions

Cook the chicken and remove from the bones and shred into bite size pieces.  Combine with the rest of the ingredients and add salt to taste.  Since the chutney I have has some big chunks, I gave it a quick chop with a food processor to break things up.  And I LOVE the sweetness that the chutney adds.  A lot of curry chicken salads have raisins or grapes and adding chutney replaces those in my recipe.  I'm hoping Stud hasn't eaten it all so I can have some for dinner before class tonight.....


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails