January 15, 2014

Roasted Broccoli

I love broccoli. It was probably one of only a few veggies I would eat as a child, and then it became the veggie I made myself in college when I wasn't eating Easy Mac. But then....broccoli and I fell out of touch. All due to the fact that Stud HATES broccoli. I was so confused! But since we both need to eat our veggies, I said goodbye to broccoli and we started eating A LOT of salads.

But recently, I've had enough. Broccoli is delicious and Stud is a grown man. He can deal and learn to love it. Plus, I meal plan so he had very little choice! At first he would eat it only if he could smother it in sauce. But now!! I have discovered a way to make him LOVE broccoli just as much as I do and it is pretty much the easiest thing on earth.


He said, and I quote, "green nuggets of heaven."

There is no real recipe here, just chop however much broccoli you want and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and roast in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes until slightly charred. If you want to be super fancy, top with lemon juice or parmesan cheese when they come out of the oven.

I even toss mine with the olive oil etc on the cookie sheet to save a bowl. SO EASY!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails