January 24, 2012

Food for Beau

Since I always represent the dietary choices of Stud and me here on this little blog, I wanted to make sure you all knew that Beau Fluff was not abandoned in my culinary adventures.  99.9% of the time, he does not get any human food.  Sometimes his brown eyes get to me and he gets a little nibble, but always out of his bowl.  Beau also wanted to give all of his furry friends some Christmas presents, he is such a kind spirit.  So, I made these extremely easy cookies, and they seemed to be a hit.

 Pumpkin Dog Treats
2 1/2 c. flour
2 eggs
1/2 c. canned pumpkin
2 T. smooth peanut butter
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon

Combine all ingredients together, the dough should be really dry. Roll out the dough to about 1/4-1/2" thick and cut the cookies out in any shape (I used holiday shapes!).  Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes, until the cookies are dry.  I think mine were a little thick, so I had to bake them for about an 75 minutes.

These were a huge hit, but they should be used up pretty quickly since they are not full of preservatives.  Beau loved them and would run away if we gave him one so he could nibble on it without being disturbed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails