May 26, 2011

Poppy Seed Salad Dressing

So Stud and I have been trying to add some variety to our greens.  Break away from the mixed baby greens!  This one wasn’t too far off, but it at least was a different leaf (Bibb from the farmers market) and had other ingredients!  We added feta cheese and strawberries to this salad, trying to stick with the eat-what’s-in-season thing.  I could eat this salad for dinner. 


 Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
1/3 c. white sugar
½ c. white vinegar
1 t. salt
1 t. dry mustard
½ t. onion juice (or 1 t. grated onion)
1 c. vegetable oil
1 T. poppy seeds


Add all ingredients to a jar and shake!  Make sure to shake it up right before you dress the salad, the ingredients in this one tend to separate pretty quickly. 

This salad would also have been delicious with some candied pecans.  But we were far too lazy to make some, maybe this weekend?  It was good to have some variety.  And now I have poppy seeds in my pantry…might add lemon poppy seed muffins to the recipe queue, they are one of my favs.  Or I can just make more pigs in a blanket.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails