February 7, 2011

Recap of Superbowl Snacks!

I really had no preference who won the Superbowl, I was just excited for all the food!!  Last night, Stud and I went over to Noe and Olga's house for a dinner of delicious snacks and to watch the game.  Olga has a complete recap of smorgasbord of snacks.  My contribution was homemade pigs-in-a-blanket!  I figured hot dogs + puff paste was a guaranteed success!


Pigs-in-a-Blanket (makes 24)
8 hot dogs
1 package of puff pastry
2-3 T. dijon mustard
Poppyseeds (optional)
1 egg

Thaw the puff pastry in the refrigerator overnight and cut the hot dogs into thirds.  Cut each puff pastry sheet into six strips, each should be 1 1/2 in. wide and then but in half the other way so you have 12 equal strips.  Spread some mustard over each strip and roll a piece of hot dog in the strip and place on a cookie sheet seam side down.  Repeat with the remaining 11 strips, and then with the second sheet of puff pastry.  Whisk the egg with some water in a small bowl and using a pastry brush, brush over the top of each piggie and if you have them, sprinkle with poppyseeds.  Bake in a 400 degree oven for 22-25 minutes.  And then enjoy, they are best right out of the oven while they are warm and flaky.

These we so easy and I assembled them at home and baked them over at the party so they would fresh and hot.  And I had a ton of Hebrew National hot dogs in my freezer, so all I needed was the puff pastry.  These will be made again...and probably again.  I mean, who doesn't love pigs-in-a-blanket???







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails