May 9, 2011

Derby 137 Recap!

 Did anyone out there bet on Animal Kingdom??  I sure didn't.  I liked Mucho Macho Man and of course, Pants on Fire with the female jockey.  And I still like them both for the Preakness coming up in two weeks.  Unlike last year, Stud and I had a very low key Derby, hanging out at my parents house and sipping on mint juleps.  But no worries.  I placed all of my bets online.  Stud had to work late Friday night and was back at it Saturday morning.  Med school really puts a damper on celebrating the Derby.  People should know better than to need medical services on the First Saturday n May.  It was also a record setting crowd at Churchill Downs this past Saturday, 165,000 people!  And Detective Stabler attended his first Derby, definitely my favorite celeb.  I'm already looking forward to next year, looks like it could be a big one!  Stud will be FINISHED with medical school and I will actually be able to take some time off...can't wait to celebrate!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails