March 10, 2011

crunchychickenriceandpeas

Yet another childhood classic.  Who knows where my parents found these recipes.  Someone out there thought to cover chicken breasts in stuffing mix and they were brilliant.  And crunchy chicken is clearly what my five year old self named this dish eons ago.


Crunchy Chicken
2 chicken breasts
2 c. Pepperidge Farm herb seasoned Stuffing
4 T. melted butter

So few ingredients! I love it!  First, pulse the stuffing in a food processor until it's pretty fine.  Then dredge each chicken breast in the crumbs, then butter, then the crumbs again.  Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until finished.  I really have no idea how to tell if chicken is finished unless I cut into one, so that's my method of choice.

I have been eating this meal, at one point I'm pretty sure it was a weekly menu item, for as long as I can remember.  Always served with rice pilaf and peas.  It was always crunchychickenriceandpeas.  It was one of the few meals I would eat as a super picky child and I still love it.  It's a great quick weeknight dinner for those nights like last night where it's rainy cold and just plain gross outside when all you really want to do is sit on the couch and watch your DVR'd Glee (such a good one!!!).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails