February 25, 2011

Salmon and Springtime!

I am so ready for summer. The few teasers of warm weather have only cemented the fact that I am done with winter. I have learned that I much prefer the transitional months - spring and fall - to the full blown deals. So the approach of spring has me pumped!  As usual, I am looking forward to the change in menus. Although I know this will flip flop in six months, right now I am tired of all the warm-my-belly foods. I am ready for fresh produce and light dinners eaten outside. Things like tomatoes and peaches. So last night, Stud and I faked spring without dinner. A huge salad full of goat cheese, cherry tomatoes and avocados with some bread and salmon Stud grilled. My dad has mastered the grill and passed his salmon knowledge onto Stud and its delicious. So Stud whipped me up a delicious springtime dinner last night and I can't wait for the weather to catch up.



My Dad's Delicious Salmon
Salmon
1/4 stick melted butter
2-3 cloves garlic, diced
1 lemon (for juice)

De-bone the salmon filets if needed. Over medium heat on a grill, place the salmon flesh side down for 7 minutes. Then flip, cover with the melted butter and garlic and grill for an additional 4 minutes. Remove from the grill and flip skin side up. The skin should peel right off leaving delicious salmon behind!  Drizzle with lemon juice and you're ready to enjoy.

This way of cooking salmon has worked very well for Stud and for my dad as long as I can remember. And I leaves such good flavor. Everyone ahod really try this to make sure they are getting thier omega 3 fatty acids!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails