February 15, 2011


My brief stint in unemployment comes to an end next week - both sad and awesome all at the same time.  I have enjoyed my time off and it has been nice to have the time to get some things done around the house, and it hasn't been long enough for me to really get desperate.  My main project was turning our guest bedroom from a dark scary sad room into a happy place where I can do some sewing and guests won't feel like we are forcing them to stay in a dungeon.


After yaaaay!
I painted the room using leftover paint from the master bedroom and made big fat yellow stripes.  This room gets very little sunlight and always seemed so dark with the dirty green sea foam blah paint, and now, it feels so much brighter and more welcoming.  Stud hates to paint, so this was a project I tackled start to finish on my own.  Making the stripes totally appealed to my OCPD tendencies - the combination of a laser level and edge-lock painters tape made the job so simple.  The roman shades were added as a last minute project using directions found through my blog stalking using the old mini blinds that were there and some fabric glue.  I think they look great and really finish off the room and I hated those mini plastic blinds almost as much as I hated the paint color.  When I finished this room, it only leaves the den and the hallway with the original paint....since we moved in a year and half ago we've painted the dining room, the office, the kitchen, the basement, the upstairs, two bathrooms and now the guest bedroom.  No wonder Stud says he needs another decade before he will consider another painting project.

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails