February 22, 2011

Goat Cheese Pasta

Whew.  Yesterday was my first day at my new job and I survived.  Now I just have to get back in the swing of job, class, and Beau.  Should be exciting.

This was one of the first things I made without a recipe.  It stemmed from college when I would throw any veggies I had in my fridge into a huge bowl of pasta with some olive oil, garlic, and dried herbs.  I can also tell you that almost all veggies are good this way.  My favorite combination was spinach and cherry tomatoes, and while I was marveling to my mother about my genius combination, she said "of course, and why don't you add some goat cheese and make it a sauce?"  I tell you - the woman is brilliant.  And my favorite college meal was born and I forced many of my friends to enjoy it as well.



Goat Cheese Pasta
1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
2 pints cherry tomatoes
1 large bag of spainch
5 oz. goat cheese
3 T olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
Salt
Pepper

Bring water to a boil and cook pasta.  Right when you start the pasta water, start the veggies, the timing is great on this recipe.  Add the olive oil and garlic to a skillet and cook just for a minute.  Then start cutting the cherry tomatoes in half long-ways and adding to the skillet.  As they start to soften, they will release their juices and form the sauce.  Once you have added them all, add some salt and cook over simmer.  Once the tomatoes are all pretty soft, add in the spinach in handfuls until it has all wilted down.  Then add in the goat cheese and mix it with all the good tomato juices.  Once the pasta is finished, add it to the veggies and toss until everything is well combined.

Stud is in training to run a mini marathon and it has him on this health kick.  I mean, he is eating carrots as snacks.  I'll stick with my M&Ms.  Anyways, the whole wheat pasta in this one was our concession to health and you really can't tell when it has the goat cheese sauce on it.  Goat cheese is also a not-so-bad-for-you cheese and there are enough veggies for like ten people in this pasta.  Overall I call it a win for health.  Stud says specifically my pancreas with the whole wheat pasta thing.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails