January 11, 2011

MexiChicken Casserole

I love casseroles.  They are so easy and you can cram all parts of a typical meal into one dish.  Veggies, protein, carbs, all of it.  And since I knew Stud was a sucker for chicken casserole, when I stumbled across a Mexican version that adds hot sauce, I knew it would be a hit.  Just like with my other chicken casserole, you can add pretty much anything and everything.


MexiChicken Casserole
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
4 c. cooked brown rice
1/2 c. salsa
1 c. sour cream
1 can green chilies
1 can black beans
1 c. frozen corn
1 c. grated cheese (monterey jack or cheddar)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Put in a large casserole dish and top with additional cheese and bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-30 minutes until everything is hot and bubbly. Serve with fresh chopped cilantro (if you have any.  I clearly did not).

Look at that.  Like one sentence.  SO EASY.  And I've added cherry tomatoes before, those were tasty.  A great way to empty out the fridge.  Yum yum yum.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails