September 14, 2010

We had too much Salmon

Stud and I are big fans of grilled salmon.  And we (and I obviously mean just Stud here) have perfected the grilling process and oh man it's so tasty.  And I feel great - getting all those omega fatty acids.  Fish is something majorly lacking in our diet, so I always feel success when I can work it into the menu.  Well, when we were at the grocery, Stud was convinced we needed the entire chunk of salmon instead of just half.  So I said fiiiiine and we left the grocery with probably enough salmon to feed six.
So stud grilled it all up and we had some salmon for dinner.  And we had a TON leftover.  So then I had a salmon, avocado, tomato and bacon sandwich for lunch.  So did Stud.  And we still had some leftover.  I'm perusing the fridge and notice we have salmon, cream cheese, and capers.  Those things all go together!  The future in laws are coming over for dinner!  I have no appetizer!  And a brilliant (although I now know unoriginal idea) was born.  I will make some salmon dip!  Oh and sorry for the pic, it's a cell phone picture taken after we had demolished most of it.  Oopsies.  Bad food blogger.

Salmon Dip
1/4-1/2 lb. grilled salmon (or smoked, just make sure it's the meaty kind)
1/2 c. cream cheese
1/4 c. sour cream
2 T. capers, chopped
2 T. parsley, chopped
Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
Dash of Cholula

Break apart the salmon with a fork so it's in little pieces.  Add to a bowl.  Add the cream cheese, sour cream, capers, parsley, worcestershire, and Cholula.  Mix well.  If you have closer to 1/2lb. salmon, add more cream cheese and sour cream until it's a good dip consistency.  So it won't break your cracker when you try and scoop some out.  I hate that.  It would be much easier if the cream cheese was at room temperature, but alas.  This was a spur-of-the-moment thing for me.  And along those lines, we served it with tortilla chips, and it would be wayyyy better with some bagel chips.  Or pita chips. 





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails