August 24, 2010

Easiest Salad Dressing

Stud and I always use homemade dressing on salads.  It is such an easy thing to make and I like to think it's healthier than a similar dressing I would buy at the grocery.  We use a mason jar to hold the dressing and it's the easiest way to combine it and store it. 


Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 c. vinegar (mixture of a splash of balsamic vinegar and the majority is red wine vinegar)
1/2 t. salt
Pepper to taste
1 t. Dijon mustard
Touch of honey
1/2 t. Mixed herbs

And this recipe is completely customizable.  Stud has been making it lately so there is a lot of honey and mustard - he likes it thicker with a sweeter taste.  I like it with a little extra balsamic vinegar - and no matter who makes it, it's always delicious.  And for the mixed herbs, I usually use Herbes de Provence, or if I'm out of that, a mixture of rosemary, thyme, and basil.  So easy, so tasty!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails