July 16, 2010

Things I Have Learned About Weddings

So wedding planning has been an experience and I thought I would share my many insights with you readers.
  • People assume you have been mentally planning your wedding since you were five.  I am not one of those people.  Who knew I was in the minority.
  • At the same time, I was shockingly picky.  It's hard to find a wedding dress without bedazzles and that has straps.
  • Wedding planning is not awful.  Especially when you have no preconceived notions of what you want.  Then you can always find something you like.
  • They are stupid expensive.
  • Ten months is a short time frame to plan a wedding.
  • Order of planning - venue, date, dress
  • Venue is the hardest part.  Especially if you aren't getting married in a church.  My wedding was almost in my parents backyard.
  • I let Stud pick out what he and the groomsman are going to wear with some veto power.  He said no to tuxes and I said fine.  I was even stoic when he told me he got pleated pants. Now he feels like he had a say.  Brilliant!
  • Wedding politics exist.
  • I am crazy excited to see all my friends from out of town.  It's actually one of the things I am looking forward to most, besides marrying Stud and all that jazz.
  • I hate being the center of attention.
  • Wedding etiquette is ridiculous.
  • The differences between weddings now and weddings when my parents were married are immense.  Example - my parents think RSVP cards are trendy.  Therefore my invitations do not have them.  I have no idea how people will RSVP.  I had to ask my parents what people will do.  FYI - Apparently guests need to write my parents a RSVP letter on their own stationary.  Emily Post says nothing about this on her website.
  • Emily Post is the Goddess of Wedding Etiquette.
  • My parents also think Save the Dates are trendy.  I won that battle.
  • Registering for wedding gifts is fun - like, really, really fun.
  • I am sad I have to be a part of my wedding and not a guest.  It's going to be an AMAZING party.  Is that weird?

Prettttyyyyy.

1 comment:

Blasi said...

Interesting nugget on RSVP cards... who knew? (Guess you'll find out!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails