July 6, 2010

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

So in an attempt to replace the meaty queso at this year's Fourth of July Bash, I offered to bring a new dip.  It is a recipe from Noe that we consumed by the gallons in Florida this past spring.  And it's super easy.  And since it's made of veggies and such, a health conscious victory over beef and cheese. 

Black Bean & Corn Salsa
2 cans sweet corn (you can use fresh off the cob)
2 cans black beans
1 jar salsa of choice
1 red onion
1 lime
Cilantro

Rinse the beans and corn and dump into a bowl with the jar of salsa.  Finely chop the red onion and add along with the juice of a lime.  Give the cilantro a rough chop and add to the bowl.  Mix well and you're done!  This recipe is best made a day in advance - it's amazing when it has all been sitting and soaking.







And I promise one day I will stop using my awful BlackBerry camera for everything since it does not make food look as amazing as it does in real life and it's only because I am too lazy to plug in my real camera.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails