July 1, 2010

Breakfast Pizza!

So the saga of pizza night continues!  The other night Stud and I made Breakfast Pizza.  My goal was a pizza I had at a local cafe called Blue Dog Bakery and Cafe which has the best food ever.  And they always have a pizza of the week and my favorite of theirs has been a breakfast pizza.  Or the one with blue cheese, figs, and bacon.  Whichever I can't decide.

Anyways, I tried in vain to remember the items on that pizza and I think I did an OK job.  I think their pizza had poached or soft boiled eggs - maybe something new to try next time.






Breakfast Pizza
1 dough ball (I really am going to try making my own one day)
Olive Oil
3 sprigs rosemary
2 sprigs thyme
2 c. mozzarella
1/2 lb bacon
1 c. frozen hash browns
3 eggs
Parsley
Chives
Parmesan Cheese

Cook the bacon and chop into pieces and preheat the oven to 500 degrees.  Spread the dough out over a cookie sheet (that is covered in a coat of olive oil) and then spread a thin layer of olive oil over the dough.  Cover the dough with the chopped rosemary and thyme.  I personally think this combo makes everything better.  Cover the pizza with an even layer of mozzarella cheese.  I also might include some chopped yellow onion at this point.  I then put on a layer of hash browns, but I don't think they added much except bulk.  I bet roasted new potatoes would be WAY better.  For next time!  Then add the chopped bacon.  Cook the pizza for about ten minutes.  Remove the pizza from the oven and crack the eggs right onto the pizza.  Put the pizza back into the oven for another eight minutes.  When the pizza comes out of the oven, cover with the chopped parsley, chives, and grated Parmesan cheese. 

I cooked my eggs too long (ten minutes) so the yolks were not runny.  I think cooking them for eight minutes will leave the yolks deliciously runny and gooey all over the top of the pizza.

If/When I try this recipe again, I'll update with any changes/improvements!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This looks delicious..I've always wanted to try a breakfast pizza:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails