April 6, 2010

Herb Chicken Salad

So while Stud was dying, I was appreciating some chicken salad my mom had just whipped up for a little summertime dinner. And everyone should know, my mother is an AMAZING cook. I really don't think anything less than delicious has ever been served out of her kitchen. I hope one day to have the same skills. Once Stud had come back to life, I harassed her for the recipe. I normally stick with my curry chicken salad, but this one, ooh man yum yum. And of course, when I ask her for the recipe, all I get is add a little bit of this and a little bit of that. So here it goes:

My momma's herb chicken salad
Roast chickens and remove meat from bone. Mix with:
Mayo
White wine vinegar
Salt
Pepper
Cayenne
Chopped Tarragon
Chopped Parsley
Capers
Green Onions

With her measurement-less recipes, I usually start with small amounts and keep adding until it tastes amazing. Because it will. So I will probably be making some of this in the near future.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails