June 15, 2011

Bok Choy Salad

We are still working on breaking away from mixed baby greens over here.  A few weeks ago, Stud and I were celebrating my cousin's college graduation and my aunt served a bok choy salad that I am SURE I refused as a child.  Now that I have rejected that insanity, I heaped it on my plate and fell in love.  When Stud and I grilled up some shrimp skewers the other night, I thought it would be a perfect side.


Bok Choy Salad
1 small head of bok choy
1 bunch of green onions - the green parts
1 package ramen noodles (no flavor packet)
Almonds
1 T. Sesame seeds
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/8 c. white vinegar
1/4 c. sugar
2 T. soy sauce

Combine the vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce together.  Before you open the package of ramen, break apart the noodles.  Give the almonds a rough chop and add to the bok choy along with the ramen noodles.  Add the sesame seeds and slice green onions and toss with the dressing.

Ramen noodles in salad is one of the best things ever.  Fact: this is the only way I have ever eaten ramen noodles.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails