April 25, 2011

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Yes.  Derby 137 is just a few short weeks away!!  The festivities are just starting to get in full swing around here and it would be nice if it actually didn't rain.  Just once.  That's all I ask.  It rained during Thunder, so it was a little more subdued than last year.  But nothing stops the fireworks!  Due to Easter, the Thunder kick off was last week, three weeks before the Derby instead of the usual two.  The first batch of mini Derby pies has been made and I am looking forward to the next few weeks!


And my apologies for my long absense.  I was spoiled last week - Stud had a week off from taking temperatures and checking blood pressure and he cooked me dinner all week!  I did nothing!  It was a really nice treat.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails