December 15, 2010

Gippers Chicken Meaux Moutard

I don't know who Gipper is, and I don't know if s/he was the one who was brilliant enough to see the possibilities of combining mustard and heavy cream, but I do know that I like Gipper.  The combination is something I would never expect to result in the amazing dish that it is.  There is a lot of mustard, but when you're eating it, it's hard to identify the mustard as what's making it so tasty and calling you back for seconds.  I first had this amazing concoction at Stud's parents house, his mom had whipped it up for a family dinner and I was in love at the first bite.  And when I asked for the recipe, she had to copy a hand written version - a sure sign of an amazing recipe.


Gipper's Chicken Meaux Moutarde
1 lb. spaghetti
2 T. olive oil
2 t. chopped garlic
1 t. Lawry's Seasoning Salt
1 t. freshly ground black pepper
1 T. dried tarragon
1 lb. chicken breasts
1 quart heavy whipping cream
4 T. Dijon mustard
3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Cut the chicken breasts into 1" strips and saute with olive oil, garlic, seasoning salt, pepper, and tarragon.  Cook until almost done and add the whipping cream.  Bring to a boil and stir constantly until reduced by a quarter.  Add the mustard and Parmesan cheese.  Once the cheese melts, add in the cooked pasta and cook until the sauce has been absorbed by the pasta and everything is hot.  If you have it on hand and are super fancy, garnish with parsley.

Stud and I had this over the weekend, inhaled the leftovers for lunch on Sunday, and I am still craving it.  I want to make it again.  I promise, as weird as the ingredient list sounds, trust Gipper.  Trust the recipe.  Since I have now made this recipe a few times, I have gotten the timing down pretty well (start the pasta water and the chicken at the same time), so it's getting easier and easier to make.  This meal is so decadent and delicious, you'll hit that I'm-so-full-but-I-can't-stop-eating phase and could find yourself hovering over the skillet, having fork battles to get the next bite.



1 comment:

Martin Cooper said...

It is remarkable, very useful message

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails