November 16, 2010

Head Colds and Bourbon

So I have been feeling a little under the weather, suffering from the first head cold I've had in years.  My freshly minted Husband-Stud has been taking care of me, and I am not a pleasant patient.  I don't get sick all that often and I don't like it one bit.  Last night, I think Stud had enough and made me a Hot Toddy to send me off to bed so he could watch My Cousin Vinny in peace.  It was the perfect send off to an early night to bed and I might start drinking them whenever it's chilly outside.

Hot Toddy
1/2 - 1 shot of bourbon
1 T. honey
1 T. lemon juice

Combine ingredients and microwave for 10-15 seconds until warm.  And then go to bed at 8:30.  It's amazing.



Disclaimer: Stud MD does not recommend Hot Toddy's as an effective treatment of a head cold. It only leads to dehydration and can make things worse. But Husband-Stud was desperate.

1 comment:

Beth said...

The disclaimer was a nice touch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails