October 25, 2010

Chicken Taco Salad

This recipe comes from some issue of Cooking Light, so might not actually be jammed with calories like the rest of the recipes I post here!  This salad dressing is so delicious and is actually what I used as the sauce on the fish tacos I made for Stud's birthday.

Pretttty cell phone pic!
Chicken Taco Salad
Dressing:
1/3 c. chopped cilantro
2/3 c. light sour cream
1 T. minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce (I freeze the rest in tablespoon size dollops to use later)
1 t. cumin
1 t. chili powder
4 t. lime juice
1/4 t. salt
Salad ingredients (ideas):
4 c. shredded romaine
2 chicken breasts
1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
1 peeled avocado
1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
1 can black beans
1 can corn

Mix all the dressing ingredients together, I used a food processor to get the chilies to basically a paste.  Serve over whatever salad ingredients you like!  The dressing has quite a bit of kick, and is also great as a chip dip, you know, if you are hungry while your chicken is cooking.

And check out my newly organized recipe page!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails