June 4, 2010

On the Homefront

It was one year ago today that I put in my first offer on what became my lovely little abode that Stud and I share with our fluffer.  So I thought to honor the occasion, I would give you all a virtual tour of what the house looked like when I purchased it, and then, if you're lucky (and you haven't already been to visit....) I'll share the changes Stud and I have made.  We think it looks better.

So some background before I share.  My house was built in 1941 and was purchased in 1943 by the people that sold it to me.  They lived in that house for 66 years.  Crazy.  The house was listed as a 4 bedroom, 1.5 bath.  So there was one shower.  And the family that lived there for 66 years??  Oh yeah, they had SIX kids.  So there were eight people, and one shower.  Not ok.  Maybe that is why when we removed the wallpaper in the bathroom, we found cement board underneath!  The dad of this family also thought of himself as quite the handyman.  So there are still wires every where.  For instance, in order to turn the light on in the hall closet, I need to make sure it's plugged in - that would be in the closet in the guest bedroom.  The wiring runs through three different rooms.  Cool.

So where to begin.  This is the dining room and living room the day we looked at the house with all the previous owner's furniture (that's why it's a little old lady).


I love white wall-to-wall carpeting, don't you??  Oh, and those window treatments, stunning!  And you can't even see the lazy boy or the TV circa 1955.

But Stud and I saw the potential in this lovely little charmer....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails